|MINISTRY OF LABOR – Invalids and Social Affairs
ECONOMY AND TECHNOLOGY
|SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom – Happiness
College-level tourist guide is a profession that specializes in organizing and serving tourists according to tourism programs with basic tasks such as: Preparing and organizing the implementation of the program; present; guest group management; guided tours; supporting advertising, marketing and selling tourism programs; establish and maintain relationships with partners; solve problems arising during the tour program; customer care, meeting level 5 requirements in the Vietnam National Qualifications Framework.
The jobs of the industry and profession are mainly at: routes and tourist spots; attractions, scenic spots; business establishments in tourism services… in very diverse working conditions and environments, spread in both space and time; regular communication with tourists, service providers and other partners. The intensity of the job is not too heavy, but it is always under certain psychological pressures. It is a high service profession. The jobs in the profession are mainly conducted independently; only a few jobs are carried out in groups or partially supported by the host enterprise, tourism service providers, and on-site guides.
In order to practice, an employee must meet health requirements, have a suitable appearance, have sufficient professional knowledge and understanding, be able to communicate and behave in the process of serving, have professional ethics, Ability to organize and perform the duties of the tour guide profession.
– Present the principles and process of management in general, management of people, assets, finance, marketing management of travel and tourism companies;
– Presenting typical characteristics of regional and ethnic cultures;
– Presenting specific tourist attractions and destinations, tourism resource system of destinations and regions;
– Describe the basic professional processes of the tour guide;
– Present in-depth cultural, historical and social characteristics of the tourist destination;
– Identify outstanding characteristics and values of tourist attractions (landscape, aesthetic, historical, cultural, scientific,…);
– Describe the process of organizing a tour program, knowledge about writing explanations, guiding objects to visit tourism; the process of handling situations arising during the tour program; how to organize activities for tourists;
– Describe the basic business processes of the organization promoting, advertising and selling products, establishing and maintaining relationships with partners, taking care of customers and solving arising problems. in the course of operating the tour program;
– Present the organizational structure of the enterprise apparatus, functions and tasks of the departments in a travel company;
– Designing travel programs, operating and organizing the implementation of travel programs, evaluating business results and summarizing work;
– Identify knowledge of many different fields (geography, landscape, national history, country, …) of countries;
– Identify economic and political knowledge of countries and territories.
– Understanding the regulations on immigration procedures;
– Present basic knowledge about politics, culture, society, law, national defense and security, physical education as prescribed.
– Organize surveys and design basic and complex travel programs according to customer requirements;
– Consulting and selling effective travel programs to meet the requirements of guests and regulations of the law;
– Prepare fully the requirements for content, facilities and supporting equipment before guiding tourists;
– Develop plans and programs to welcome tourists;
– Develop plans, programs of accommodation and meals for tourists;
– Organize team building activities, entertainment and shopping to meet the requirements of tourists;
– Explanations at tourist attractions and on means of transport;
– Manage guests during the tour to ensure safety and schedule;
– Plan and supervise safe and effective seeing off activities;
– Establish and maintain relationships with service providers;
– Make a report on the evaluation of tourism program results;
– Communicate effectively with customers in Vietnamese and other foreign languages in accordance with tourist guide requirements;
– Managing the customer care organization and resolving customer complaints effectively before, during and after the implementation of the travel program;
– Correct and safe use of equipment at the instruction department;
– Update new knowledge and information about tourist routes and attractions;
– Capturing new development trends of culture, tourism, travel, hotel and applying them effectively at work;
– Performing payment operations, transactions with service providers and customers;
– Use basic information technology as prescribed; exploit, process and apply information technology in professional work of the industry or profession.
– Can use basic foreign languages, reach level 2/6 in Vietnam’s Foreign Language Competency Framework, apply foreign languages to professional work of industries and professions.
– Having a sense of discipline, professionalism and a high sense of responsibility at work;
– Respect professional ethical standards;
– Friendly, open-minded, ready to serve and ensure the health and safety of tourists;
– Have a spirit of teamwork; goodwill in receiving opinions and solving difficulties and problems at work;
– Have a sense of self-study, self-improvement, and experience to improve professional qualifications and adapt to the development of reality in the field of tourism service activities;
– Train the ability to work under high pressure, adaptability, flexibility in handling situations, ability to work independently and in groups;
– Have a sense of responsibility in the use and preservation of assets during the operation.
After graduating, learners have the ability to meet the requirements in job positions of the industry, including:
– Domestic tour guide;
– In-point instruction;
– International travel guide.
With the minimum amount of knowledge and competency requirements that learners must achieve after graduation, the college-level tourist guide profession can continue to develop at higher levels.
Graduates have the ability to self-study, self-updating scientific and technological advances within the industry or profession in order to improve their qualifications or study continuously to a higher level in the same industry, profession or in a group of industries. profession or in the same field of training.