MINISTRY OF LABOR –
Invalids and Social Affairs
|SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom – Happiness
The mid-level hotel and restaurant business is the direct and daily management of the departments directly and indirectly serving tourists in hotels and restaurants such as rooms, receptions, restaurants. , food processing, business – marketing, human resources, security, technology meet the requirements of level 4 in the Vietnam National Qualifications Framework.
The jobs of the profession are mainly carried out at departments in hotels, restaurants or accommodation businesses and some catering businesses, so the working environment and conditions are favorable and guaranteed. safety – hygiene and health. Working intensity is not high but under great pressure of service time and requirements to ensure diverse satisfaction of tourists.
In order to perform the tasks well, it is necessary to ensure the essential working conditions such as: house architecture and reasonable planning of hotel and restaurant premises, equipment and tools in accordance with standards. of each job; administration software; good communication system; and has internal regulations on service delivery standards and management.
In order to practice, employees must be in good health, have a suitable appearance, have good work ethics, have enough professional knowledge and skills to meet the job position. In addition, it is necessary to regularly study to improve communication skills in foreign languages, expand social knowledge; practice carefulness, detail and clarity; Build job awareness and passion for the profession.
Mid-level restaurant and hotel operations are professions and professions specializing in serving and managing service groups at restaurants and serving guests in restaurants, hotels, resorts, high-class resorts and restaurants. catering establishments, meeting the requirements of level 4 in the Vietnam National Qualifications Framework.
Learners after graduating from Hotel and Restaurant Operations at the Intermediate level must meet the following requirements:
Present the basic knowledge of politics, law and socio-culture appropriate to the major
– Presenting an overview of the tourism industry, an overview of tourism and hotels and restaurants;
– Describe the position and role of the hotel – restaurant sector in the tourism industry and the characteristics of the activities and impacts of the hotel – restaurant in terms of economy, culture, society and environment;
– Present the organizational structure, positions, roles, functions and duties of the departments in the hotel; the relationship between the departments in the hotel and propose measures to improve the quality of hotel services;
– Present the principles and processes of management in general, management of the hotel operating process;
– Describe the basic business processes of the hotel: front desk service, room service, restaurant operation, beverage preparation and food processing…;
– List the main types of equipment and tools at the hotel and their uses;
– Presenting hotel service quality standards and quality assessment methods;
– Present the principles of ensuring security and safety, explain the reasons for complying with the regulations on security and safety in the hotel to identify risks and preventive measures;
– Present basic knowledge about politics, culture, society, law, national defense and security, physical education as prescribed.
– Good communication with customers, suitable for customer service requirements at all positions of departments in the hotel such as: reception department, room department, restaurant or banquet department, conference – seminar;
– Taking care of customers and resolving customer complaints effectively;
– Correct and safe use of hotel equipment;
– Properly follow the customer service process at the work positions of the front desk, chambers, restaurants or conference and seminar areas according to the hotel’s standards;
– Prepare reports, draft domestic documents, common contracts of hotels – restaurants;
– Apply hotel management software in daily work;
– Use basic information technology as prescribed; exploit, process and apply information technology in a number of professional jobs of the industry;
– Being able to use basic foreign languages, reaching level 1/6 in Vietnam’s Foreign Language Competency Framework, applying foreign languages to a number of professional jobs in industries and professions.
– Have a sense of discipline, industrial style and high sense of responsibility at work;
– Respect professional ethical standards;
– Friendly, open-minded, ready to serve and ensure the health and safety of tourists;
– Have a spirit of teamwork; goodwill in receiving opinions and solving difficulties and problems at work;
– Have a sense of self-study, self-improvement, and experience to improve professional qualifications and adapt to the development of reality in the field of tourism service activities;
– Have a sense of responsibility in the use and preservation of assets during the operation.
After graduating, learners have the ability to meet the requirements in job positions of the industry, including:
Business – marketing;
– Minimum amount of knowledge, capacity requirements that learners must achieve after graduating from the restaurant profession. Mid-level hotels can continue to develop at higher levels
– Graduates have the ability to self-study and self-update on scientific and technological advances within the industry or profession in order to improve their qualifications or study continuously to a higher level in the same profession or in a group of industries. profession or in the same field of training