MINISTRY OF LABOR
Invalids and Social Affairs
COLLEGESECONOMY AND TECHNOLOGY
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom -Happiness
Practitioners of Culinary Arts with a college degree perform the work of organizing and processing dishes at hotels, restaurants and other catering businesses with various forms of catering services. form (regular meals, parties and buffets…) to meet the quality requirements (ensure nutritional value, sensory value and food hygiene and safety…); at the same time suitable to the taste and eating habits of domestic and international tourists.
– Read and understand the correct recipes and sensory requirements of popular dishes;
– List the main ingredients, auxiliary ingredients and seasoning ingredients used in the preparation of basic Asian and European dishes…;
– List the main types of equipment and tools in the processing department, describe their uses and points to pay attention to when using;
– Analyze the requirements of the basic business processes: Preparation for processing; cleaning processing areas; processing of broths and dishes made from meat, vegetables and seafood; Asian and European dishes…;
– Presentation of food service quality standards and methods of quality assessment. Proposing measures to improve quality;
– Present the principles and process of management in general, management of people, assets, finance, marketing management in the catering business;
-Describe the process of planning, organizing, implementing, monitoring, checking and evaluating work results in the restaurant’s departments, the food processing department;
– Analysis of the importance of hygiene, food safety and labor safety during processing;
– Present the principles of food hygiene and safety and labor safety;
– Present professional knowledge such as: Overview of hotel tourism, menu development, culinary culture, nutritional physiology, commerce and food safety…;
– Present basic knowledge about politics, culture, society, law, national defense and security, physical education as prescribed.
– Manage and organize production and business operations in kitchens in restaurants and hotels;
– Perform food processing related tasks such as:
+ Build menus suitable for specific customers;
+ Set up processing norms at the department, buy and store raw materials for processing in accordance with the technique;
+ Carry out preliminary processing of food and processed materials in accordance with technical principles and processes;
+ Can process main dishes to serve customers in restaurants;
+ Coordinate with the table department during the process of serving customers.
– Perform tasks related to human resource management, management of technical facilities, quality management in food processing;
– Use, operate correctly and safely all kinds of equipment in food processing;
– Analyze and evaluate business results of departments and individuals involved in the food processing process and can propose solutions to improve business results;
– Use basic information technology as prescribed; application of information technology in a number of professional jobs of the industry or profession;
– Able to use basic foreign languages, reaching level 1/6 in Vietnam’s Foreign Language Competency Framework; can apply foreign languages to a number of professional jobs of industries and professions.
– Work independently or in groups in the kitchens at hotels and restaurants to achieve results;
– Handle daily tasks in the kitchen by themselves, solve situations where guests order food, add more meals or change the menu in unusual cases;
– Guide and supervise the main kitchen staff or kitchen assistants to perform assigned tasks during the day/shift;
– Take personal responsibility and responsibility to the team before the Chief Chef for the assigned tasks;
– Evaluate food quality, food hygiene and safety and food and beverage business results of the assigned processing department.
After graduating, learners have the ability to meet the requirements of job positions from preliminaries, direct processing staff, main cooks, and other jobs in the kitchen, have the opportunity to become the leader, the deputy to the team leader (preliminary processing, cutting, salads, sauces, soups, cakes and desserts…) manage the processing… in the kitchen depending on individual ability and job specific requirements.
– Graduates have the ability to self-study and self-update on scientific and technological advances within their profession to improve their qualifications or study continuously to a higher level in the same profession or group of occupations or in the same industry. same field of training.